PICKLEBALL FOR SCHOOLS
It is always great to see kids enjoying a sport they love. Pickleball may be new to your kids, but it is a fast-growing, highly addictive sport they’ll be sure to enjoy. Pickleball combines elements of tennis, badminton and ping-pong. The game is played both indoors and outdoors on a badminton-sized court with a slightly modified tennis net. Click on the following links for more information regarding What is Pickleball and How to Play Pickleball.
BENEFITS OF PICKLEBALL IN SCHOOLS
1. Easy to Learn: Pickleball does not have a steep learning curve. The game can be picked up quickly, and with just a little bit of practice, kids will be having great rallies in no time.
2. Easy to Understand: Pickleball is straight forward and easy to understand. The four simple rules to note are: scoring, serving, the double bounce rule, and the non-volley zone.
3. Helps Growing Bodies: Pickleball is a great sport for all-around fitness. It exercises the body’s major muscle groups, provides a cardio workout, improves dexterity, mobility, agility, and balance. Because it involves bursts of quick movement, it also serves as a form of interval training.
4. Health Benefits: Pickleball has numerous health benefits that can include increased motor skills, improved mental sharpness, stress reduction, and a boosted immune system.
5. Teaches Life Skills: In addition to physical exercise, Pickleball provides children with an education on life skills that include communication, learning from mistakes, thinking about consequences, and good teamwork. It also teaches children patience and discipline in order to outsmart their opponents.
6. Pickleball is Social: Pickleball is a social, community building sport and is all inclusive.
7. Pickleball can be Competitive: In addition to the fun and social aspect, Pickleball can be competitive. Whether you are playing at school or in the Australian Pickleball Championships, Pickleball provides an opportunity for spirited competition.
8. Inexpensive to Play: Pickleball is relatively inexpensive to set up and play. All that is required is a net, paddles, and balls.
If you are a school interested in starting and developing a Pickleball Program, please fill in our contact page. We would love to assist you, share our knowledge of the game and connect you with other local schools and coaches in your area. For all your equipment needs, Pickleball Superstore provides the best quality products at the lowest prices.
For more information about Pickleball in Australia, visit the national Association’s website. There, you will find links and contacts for the State Associations, events, membership, and places to play.